Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cold and rainy November day

It's a good "soup" day, and I am making a big pot of cream of chicken and wild rice soup; even BETTER than Panera makes, if I do say so myself. My own recipe. We will be getting the remnants of the tropical storm today, and it is a chilly November day. So I thought I would post some pictures of other things I have been working on.

This is my first canvas work project. I bought the pattern last year on a trip to The Stitchers Corner ( remember Cindy?), and have just now begun stitching it. It's a design from Nancy's Needle called Amish Trip Around the World. I LOVE the way it looks, and is something different to work on. The colors will go so well in my bedroom.
Photobucket

This one is going to be a birth annoucement for my new grandson .It's a Vervaco kit and I just love it. The other grandmother is a stitcher too, and is doing a jungle baby sampler ( which is the nursery theme). I was going to do one also, but decided to let her do that, and I will do this one that the parents can hang in their room, I think.
Photobucket

Here is a picture of some fabric I got to make a crib quilt for my grandson. I gotta get started on it pretty soon. I found this picture on the internet and will make it sort of look like this, but a bit bigger and slightly different fabric. Isn't it cute? I figured if I made it a bit bigger, he could use it even as a toddler and small child.
Photobucket

It will look kind of like this when done
Photobucket

I also knitted a little blue set of booties and a hat too, but I think I will hang up my knitting needles for this baby until NEXT winter!!!
Photobucket

Have a good weekend. Nikki

4 comments:

LindaMc said...

You do so many wonderfully stitchy things!! Lucky grandson to have such a talented grandmother! Congratulations!

Stitcher said...

You knit & stitch beautifully, Nikki!
I like the fabric choice for the quilt and good idea to make it bigger so baby will get more use out of it!

Erynne

Annie Bee said...

Wow you have been busy and what fun things you are doing for your grandbaby.

Katie said...

You have been a very busy bee. All of your projects look very nice.

KatieAL