Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Slow Stitching Start to the New Year

I haven't really been motivated to get much stitching done since the beginning of the year. HOWEVER, I found a project that I am really excited about. It's called The Sampler Book by Erica Michael. Here is what it looks like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is what it will look like opened up

Photobucket

Each page is a different letter of the alphabet. The charts are free, from Rainbow Gallery here:

http://www.rainbowgallery.com/freechartdownloads.cfm?ID=11

I have been downloading the free charts throughout 2007, and now, with a group of stitchers, we are beginning the book. It will probably take me most of the year to complete just the stitching, and then it will need to be assembled. I am stitching it on 32ct Lugana, Ivory, with 2 strands of DMC. Here is my first block, almost finished:

Photobucket

I have fallen in love with snowmen charts in the past few months, and have collected quite a lot since Christmas. I stitched one up as a "work break" project this past week. It was in one of the past issues of the JCS magaine, the October 2006 Preview issue. There is a companion snowman in the 2006 Ornament issue that I will do next, and make into ornaments for next Christmas.

Photobucket

Tomorrow is my oldest grandson's birthday. Zachary will be 13 years old !!! Where did the time go. I will try to post some pictures of the day. I am making him his favorite fried chicken for his dinner, and a homemade chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for dessert. More later. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That looks like an exciting project, time consuming too. But what a treasure you will have when it's done!

I love the snowman (my favorite too!). Can you tell me which issue that came out of, I don't recall it and I have all the issues back to 1999!

Yum, dinner sounds delicious...what time? LOL!

Cindy

Kim said...

I have looked at that book several times and have saved the patterns but haven't started it. Are you doing it with the threads it called for or are you substituting other colors?

I love the snowman, he is so cute! I have done both of those and I need to get them finished into ornaments.

Chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting sounds yummy. That is my favorite!

Kim