Monday, June 27, 2011

Rediscovered the joy of reading

I have always been a reader, but for the past few years it sort of took a back seat to my Cross Stitch. I work full time and have to choose which thing I want to do the MOST in my spare time, and Stitching always won out. Well, I have rediscovered my love for books again and in the past couple of months have read quite a few.

Water For Elephants
The Help
Memoirs of a Geisha
Bastard Out of Carolina
Sarah's Key

and I am almost done with The Red Tent

I have a few others tucked away for summer reading and will post more later as I read them.







Here are a couple of pattern books that I bought awhile back and will stitch up some of those cute bunnies for next spring. These are both from German designer Christiane Dahlbeck and I fell in love with them.












Look at these cute bracelets made out of beads and safety pins? I have an 11 year old grand daughter, Kaleigh, who is going into middle school this fall, and I thought she would love to make some of these this summer with me.









I have recently discovered an old cross stitch magazine I had never heard of, and I have been stitching for over 30 years. It is called Finelines, and I have found some on Ebay to buy. I just love them. If anyone has any they are willing to sell, please contact me. Here is a picture of one of them.




Didn't get to pick my strawberries this evening, but tomorrow for sure. Yummmmmmm, summer in Maine and fresh ripe strawberries....nothing better.

Nikki

No comments: