Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summertime in Maine

and it's raining again !!! I did manage to run out and get some strawberries at the farm stand this afternoon before the rain started up again. Aren't they luscious looking? I will go pick my own tomorrow evening after work, as the day is supposed to be sunny tomorrow. Yipee.

I have managed to buy some goodies for myself since I posted last. These are my new embroidery scissors. I love the silver ones, they are called Tudor Rose.


And I got some wonderful new hoops. They are called Hardwicke Manor embroidery hoops and are made in Germany and are SO smooth, no snags for the fabric. They are beautiful,and the screw on top can be tightened with a screwdriver, so they hold the fabric nice and taut, and leave no hoop marks. I bought a 8" and a smaller 5" one.


I have been working on Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler, and am almost finished with Part 1, which is the border. It is done on Confederate Gray 40ct linen, with Weeks Dye Works threads. I bought Part 2 and it came in the mail yesterday, and Part 3 will be released in July. I just love the colors and the way it is turning out.


I have also begun Past & Present by Rosewood Manor. Once I get caught up on the Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler, I will be back working on this one. I just love Samplers, and will probably personalize this one with family dates, or initials in some way.


Take care, thanks for looking and have a good week.

Nikki

1 comment:

Louise said...

Love your blog! I also love the mystery sampler you are working on..it is truly beautiful!
Louise in FL