Friday, February 3, 2012

I am finally posting again

It has been a V-E-R-Y L-O-N-G fall and start to the winter. I have been so very ill with Diverticulitis and hospitalized twice and had surgery. I missed Thanksgiving and was in the hospital on Christmas, and just too sick to even care. I had surgery on 1/10/12 to have part of my colon removed and have been off work recovering since then. I am feeling much better now and last week even felt well enough to start stitching again. Here is what I have been working on.

This is my progress on Past and Present by Rosewood Manor done on 32ct Belfast Linen.


I also just began this yesterday. It is And A Garden Grew by Rosewood Manor and done on 32ct Angel Blush Belfast Linen.


I also found the PERFECT Memorial Sampler that I would like to stitch in memory of my mother who passed away in April 2010. It is by Midsummer Night Designs and called In Memory Sampler. It was only in JCS magazine in 2008 I think, in the Jul/Aug issue, but a very lovely lady on the 123 Message board has that magazine and is sending it to me. This is what it looks like.


I will go snuggle up in my soft robe and stitch this evening and watch the new season of Who Do You Think You Are on NBC. I LOVE that show and anything having to do with Genealogy. It also feels soooooo good to be a stitcher again and to not have any more pain in my belly !!!!!!

Nikki

PS....I never did get those cute slippers knit for my granddaughter because I got so sick. I better get busy before winter is over !

No comments: