Saturday, February 11, 2012

I have been a busy stitcher

I decided since I have soooo many stitching project's started, I would try to finish off one of them a month. This Wildflower's design was in a Stoney Creek magazine a number of years ago and I just fell in love with it. I just have to sew on the insect charms and frame it. It will hang in my bedroom.


Then this weekend I realized I didn't stitch anything for Valentine's Day and it is coming right up next week, so I stitched these two cuties last night and this morning. I will finish them off as little pillows with some embellishments, and hope to post the finishes next Tues Feb 14th.

This one is called Love Birds and was a free chart I found online.


This second one is called Love Nest, and it was also a free chart I found online. Aren't those baby birds CUTE !! I hated doing the french knot eyes, but think they came out OK.


I also have been working a bit more on my And A Garden Grew piece. Here is where I am at on this.


I am hoping to get my order of Vicki Clayton Hand-dyed silk threads so I can begin my In Memory Sampler very soon. I got my fabric and a very nice lady from the 123 Stitch message board sent me the magazine chart, so I am just waiting on the threads now. I will post a picture of my supplies when I have it all together.

We are having light snow today and I will make a chicken stew a little later for supper and maybe a pumpkin cake for dessert. Have a good weekend.

Nikki

1 comment:

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love your stitching....it is sure beautiful....can't wait til I see your progress on your WIP's...