Friday, December 14, 2012

A new start

I wanted to get a start on Dorothy Walpole today; however after working 40 hours this week and doing grocery shopping after work, this is all I could manage to get done on day 1.





I am trying to decide whether to use 1 strand or two on the 36ct linen. I used 2 strands here, and think I am liking it.

I was hoping to see this movie over the weekend. I have been looking forward to it coming out for a long time. I am very facisinated by Abraham Lincoln and have seen lots of good things about this Steven Speilberg movie. Have you seen it?



I am about ready for Christmas, how about you? Looking forward to being with my whole family this year. Last year I was in the hospital on Christmas Day and looking forward to surgery. NOT a fun memory. Take care....stay tuned to more Dorothy Walpole pictures as I plan to work on it this weekend.

Nikki






5 comments:

sharine said...

Great start:)

pam said...

You are ahead of me! I'm still working on my snowman piece. I am going to have to start Dorothy or fall behind!

Nicola said...

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other

McKenna C. said...

Yay a new start! Love it!

~McKenna

Unknown said...

Have not seen Lincoln, but my daughter has and she loved it. Every stitch crossed is one less to do. Looking forward to your wips