Thursday, January 17, 2019

Small things

Sometimes I like to stitch small things to take a break from my large projects. I have been stitching on the Scotland Mandala now for about 14 months, and thought I needed a small break. This Scottish Thistle bookmark was a small kit that I purchased on my trip to Scotland in the fall of 2017. I did start stitching on it one night in our hotel room, but put it away and there it sat all this time. I have finished the stitching this week, and now just have to add the felt backing and tassel.
I stitched this design for a good friend who lost her good friend/dog Buffie. It is a design by designer Lizzie Kate. My friend hung it in her entry way, and she loved it. I framed it myself, and my grand daughter Kaleigh helped me with the mat. I bought a dog paw rubber stamp and I think she did a great job on the mat.
I just loved this design by Homespun Elegance when I saw it in a magazine, so I stitched it. It should be framed in a wide barn board type of frame, but I haven't found one I like yet.
I have part 2 of the Victoria Sampler SAL done. Part 3 comes out tomorrow, and I am anxious to see what special stitches are used.

No comments: