Saturday, February 8, 2020

A little progress

We have survived a 2 day snow and ice storm here in Maine. Yesterday we were without cable, phone or internet most of the day and into the evening. Luckily our power remained on....so I had light to stitch and crochet at least. We get so used to that WiFi, and I belong to so many groups and visit so many sites that I truly missed it when it was gone!! I started a new stitching project. I joined a Ornament Stitching SAL blog for 2020. You chose a theme, and stitch one or more ornaments per month.....I chose The 12 Days of Christmas as my theme, and picked CEC series of 4 leaflets. Well....of course I had a hard time finding those 4 charts to buy, especially The Fourth Day.....but now have 2 charts in hand, and 2 in the mail to me, so I began. I started with Two Turtledoves (Feb) and will try to get The Partridge stitched also before the end of Feb. I chose a fabric from my stash......28 ct Lugana from PTP in the color Nessie that I bought from them last year during their sale. I may use it for all of the ornaments, or do some in something different, we'll see.
I also finished crocheting my Cosy Stripe Blanket, design by Lucy @ Attic24 Blog. I LOVE how it turned out. I LOVE the border. I am keeping this blanket for myself, and will use it on my bed to curl up and have my afternoon naps.
I LOVED the Cosy Stripe so much, that I decided to crochet another one in slightly different colors. I had so much of the Stylecraft DK yarn left, I was surprised. So, a smaller couch throw is in the making now. Here is that progress.

2 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from the Christmans Ornie SAL. I've just started to follow your blog. I'm glad you had a light to stitch by during the ice storm. I see that you crochet too. That's another one of my hobbies too. Looking forward to visiting you over the coming months.

*-* said...


Love the cosy stripes, you are so clever. I'm trying to learn to crochet although my progress is very slow. Why didn't I learn when my wonderful Grandmother wanted to teach me?
Do hope you managed those "12days of Christmas ornaments" they would perfect. I also want to tell you how I love those old pictures down the side of your blog.
Kay.