Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Long Winter

Here in Maine, winter's can last "forever" it seems. This winter has not been very snowy, but because of some health issues, I just feel cold all the time. I have a small heather for my room, and tend to sit in here during the day and work on my stitching and crocheting just so I am warm!!! Here is my stitching corner, with my new WIP blanket. It's called Cosy Stripe Blanket designed by Lucy at her Attic 24 blog. I used 15 colors of Stylecraft DK yarn that believe it or not; I had extra just hanging around in my stash totes !!!!
I stitched a small design right after Christmas. I just love little red wagon's and this is from Sue Hillis' Home For The Holiday's leaflet that I was gifted by a member of the 123 Stitch message board. I will make it into an ornament.
This is a special blanket that I am crocheting for myself. I started it last Fall....ran out of yarn and had to order more. It is done with Merino Wool/ Cotton blend of yarn in off white. The design in by Hooked On Sunshine, and called Phoenix. You can find her designs on Ravelry. Each round is a challenge, and at this time in my life, I LOVE a challenge. I need to get it finished now that the holidays are over; I think I am about half done.
I did also finally finish my Victoria Sampler SAL project. You need to be a member of her Facebook Group to get the pattern in different parts. I may finish it into a bookmark.

3 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Beautiful blankets - the off white one is stunning, Nikki. It is very hot here in Melbourne today and tomorrow so I will send some heat your way - lol!

*-* said...


Such lovely bright colours in your striped piece.
I also love all the beautiful photos in your side column.Thank you for sharing those .
Kay,

Elfie said...

Hello Nikki. I found your blog through the Christmas Ornament blog. I'm also a long-term crocheter, so I can appreciate the amount of work in your beautiful special blanket.