Monday, May 26, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY REMEMBRENCE

Today is the day we honor those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country. I have been blessed not to have lost anyone in my family who served in the Military. My husband was a Marine during Vietnam, and my father in law was in the Navy during WWII, so we have Veteran's in our family.

Photobucket

This year I decided that I needed to do something special. I chose a name from the American Soldier's Memorial Project. It is a young man who lost his life for his country, who lived in my state. I will begin cross stitching a Memorial piece to be sent to his family in memory of him.


This is the piece I chose. It is called Red, White & Blue by Vicki Hasting. I will be adding his name to it also. What better way to honor the memory of a fallen hero on this Memorial Day.
Photobucket

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Nikki

1 comment:

~Julie~ said...

Oh Nikki what a marvelous remembrance piece, and I know his family will cherish it always and forever. I too have this in my stash, I just haven't stitched it yet. It is very poignant.


~Julie~