Monday, February 20, 2012

Back to work after 3 months

Well, tomorrow I go back to work finally. Funny, I am a little nervous. I have been out on Family Medical Leave, and have had some surgery, but am better than ever now. I some ways I want to be back in the work routine, and I do like my job; but on the other hand, it is soooo nice to get up when you want to, and do what you want to do all the time. Sigh....it will be at least another 3-4 years before I can retire.

Anyway, the past few days I have been trying to get some things done that I have been "meaning to do". I re-framed this piece that I stitched 7 years ago. After I had it framed for about a year, I realized that I forgot to finish off the stitching on the letter "O". I took it off the wall, and it has been in closet ever since. Yesterday I took it apart, and LUCKILY I still had the DMC thread matching the color and finished that "O", and re-framed it. It was a design by Janlynn I think, and in those days I used 28ct Jubilee fabric I think, which is not what I like now, but I just LOVE the piece and don't want to get rid of it, so now it will go back on the wall again.



I have made quite a bit of progress on my Memorial Sampler over the weekend. I will post my progress on the 123 Stitch Message board on Wednesday for the Remembrance WIP thread, but I wanted to post it here today for all to see.



I also got a chance finally to wrap my hoop. You say WHAT???????? Well, I purchased some really nice wooden hoops, called Hardwicke Manor hoops, and they keep the fabric for stitching taut, but not taut enough. I read where you can wrap your inner hoop in twill tape and it will help. So here it is, and links to see the hoops and the tutorial on wrapping it.


This is where I purchased the hoops. They are so smooth and wonderful. Q Snaps hurt my hands to hold them; these hoops are great.

Hedgehog Handworks

And this is the tutorial on how to wrap them if you are interested.
Tutorial on wrapping inner hoop

I also bought some spring craft supplies to finish off some of my small stitching projects. I had fun picking out the fabrics. I got the reproduction Nantucket basket at the Christmas Tree Shop for $1.69............it looks just like the real thing, which are quite pricey. I will stitch some sort of band to go around it. I thought that was quite a find.



Have a nice day.

Nikki

No comments: