Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stitchy Mail and Spring Stitching

I have just a few more days left before I must return to work. I have had the past month after surgery to stitch and putter around the house, and I am going to be sorry that I won't be able to do that anymore. But, it will be nice to get out and talk to people once again.

Look what arrived this week in the mail !! I got the fabric and the Vicki Clayton HDF silks to begin my In Memory Sampler that I posted about. This will be in memory of my mother who passed away in 2010. I have never used HDF threads before, and I just love looking at the colors. I will be stitching on 40ct, 1 over 2. I hope to begin later this afternoon.

Isn't the scissors fob BEAUTIFUL ! A lovely lady Rosemary from the 123 Stitch Board made it for me. I told her the colors I wanted, and I just love it. I had the scissors already.

I bought some hand-dyed rick rack from a seller on Ebay. It was VERY reasonable, and will make good trim for some of my unframed finishes I have in the works.


I finished two Easter/Spring smalls this week also. The first one is the sweetest bunnies from Christiana Dahlbeck. I got the booklet online from The French Needle Letter website. There are lots of cute bunnies in the book, more for later stitching. She has many cute design books.


And this is a freebie bunny I found online somewhere. I will probably finish it as a ornament or small pillow with some rick rack, or colorful buttons or ribbon. I think he is cute. I love bunnies.


I am off to do errands now. Have a great day.

Nikki

1 comment:

Kat said...

Great stash! I love the bunnies, too! :)

~Kat