Thursday, March 15, 2012

New stash

Oh oh, look out, I have been shopping again. See what I bought! The fabric is just luscious!!! It's 40ct Newcastle in color Flax and 36ct Edinborough Cream colored. And look at the Blackbird Design smalls I bought from stitching friends on the 123 Stitch board! I cannot wait to begin stitching them ( well I actually did start one, see post below).


I am so in love with Blackbird Designs now, that I just HAD to get the book Stitcher's Journey. It is 52 pages of wonderful things. I have to go have a cup of tea and look at it all.


I also began working on The Butterfly Garden by The Drawn Thread. I am doing it on 36ct vintage Maritime linen with Threadworx threads and DMC. Here are the special threads, aren't they beautiful!


And here is a close up. It has some specialty stitches which I love learning how to do.


And what it will look like when finished



I also got some wonderful charts from Brenda Keyes in the UK from The Sampler Company. They are Sweet Humility


New England Sampler


and She Seekheth ( my favorite)


I also did some more stitching on my In Memory Sampler, and decided to not stitch the top portion. Here is what the changed finished piece will look like. A stitching friend photoshopped the original picture and made it smaller. And here is my latest work in progress on it.




I am going to drive 90 miles away on Saturday to visit my son and his family and see my 2 year old grandson, so I hope to have some pictures of them to post over the weened. Have a nice Friday tomorrow and a great weekend.

Nikki

No comments: