Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring?

Spring arrives early tomorrow morning and this is what we are getting at the moment; I live near Augusta. I took a snow day from work today and then ended up feeling sick....so a wasted day.


I did buy some yarn last weekend, and have decided to make a crocheted afghan....like I need another project?? Sure I do, I like being able to decide what I feel like working on each day. Here are my rainbow of colors yarn, and a granny square that I made, and am thinking of making those with all the colors and white around them. What do you think? I was going to make a ripple, but like the granny square idea better. I just LOVE this Caron Simply Soft yarn.

Before we got our snowstorm, my son Mike and I took some pictures of the sunset from the field down the road from us. I thought they were so pretty and wanted to share.



I have made a bit more progress on LHN Battle Hymm of The Republic. I also bought 3 fabrics, a red, cream and dark blue, and think I want to make a wall hanging with this one, instead of framing it.
I found the most beautiful book about quilts. It is called Faithful & Devoted. It is letters that one couple wrote to  one another during the Civil War, and the quilts she made during that time. Very romantic and sweet, and it has the pattern for the few quilts she made. I love stuff like this!!!!




Nancy over at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe is having a Spring Fling Giveaway....lots of beautiful goodies. Please go look, and if you enter, please tell her I sent you.

Spring Fling Giveaway

My granddaughter Kaleigh is getting so grown up. She is almost 13, and looks so much like my daughter ( her mama). Just have to show her off.




I have decided I need to learn Hardanger, so I bought a DVD from Nordic Needle. I am of Norwegian descent, but my mother never knew most of her blood relatives, and now they are all gone, so nobody left to teach me how to do it. I guess I will need to learn on my own. Check off this wonderful Blog about Hardanger. OH MY!!

http://joanne-threadhead.blogspot.com/

Thanks for checking in with me. Have a good week, and happy Spring ( yeah right), tomorrow!!

Nikki







No comments: